Posted to alt.home.repair
HeyBub[_3_] HeyBub[_3_] is offline

Default hardwood floors -- deciding on options

aemeijers wrote:
AZ Nomad wrote:
On Tue, 16 Jun 2009 18:45:59 -0700 (PDT), Kyle
wrote: ...
STAY AWAY FROM LAMINATE! Laminate floors, including the
Trafficmaster Allure recommended by /benick/, are simply a paper or
vinyl image of wood over particle board or some such, and will NOT
handle being scuffed, scratched or dinged. They're fine for light
traffic areas like in your own home where you can care for them,
but you have no

Bull****. The stuff is incredibly tough, tougher than hardwood.

Unless it gets standing water on it, true. But personally, I can't get
past how damn ugly it is. Like walking around on kitchen counter. The
only kind of snap-together floor I would even consider is the type
with real wood on the top.

Almost any flooring with standing water will suffer. Some will even moan.

As for looks, well, beauty is what it is.

You evidently haven't seen the new "cloud design." Makes you feel like an
angel!

Or the tableaus that looks like you're standing atop the Washington Monument
or floating above the Grand Canyon.