Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Jim Wilkins Jim Wilkins is offline

Default What are these?

On Jun 18, 12:57*am, "DoN. Nichols" wrote:

When the HSS bit gets too hot to hold I wait about 10 seconds for the
heat to spread out before quenching it. So far I haven't seen any part
of the edge chip off. Gunner's idea to use a drill chuck is fine for
roughing, but I have to hold the bit directly in my fingers to be able
to feel how evenly it is contacting the wheel, to grind one unfaceted
hollow face that's easy to stone when it dulls.

http://picasaweb.google.com/KB1DAL/T...43778674022866

The hand Anderson crimper is like a bolt cutter, with dies shaped like
( ), not much different from the smaller Amp solderless terminal
crimper. A wire rope ferrule swaging tool might work for non-critical
jobs, or you can solder them. The powered one (Tyco, not Anderson) has
four points closed inward by a cam.

jsw