Posted to alt.home.repair
Steve Barker[_5_] Steve Barker[_5_] is offline

Default PEX and compressed air

dpb wrote:
Smitty Two wrote:
Thanks for the link. I read it. I think the danger is highly
overstated. We've had the occasional blowout, but it's always been a
failed glue joint. It's loud and inconvenient, but hardly dangerous.
Of course, none of the thousand or so joints I've personally done have
ever failed, because I'm meticulous with them.
We've had at least a half dozen OSHA inspectors over the last 30
years. None of them squawked about our PVC air lines. I wonder what's
really up with that. Seems odd to me that PVC could be rated to 200
psi or so and then explode around 80 or 90. This strikes me as the
freak accident thing. The worst injury cited in your link was a broken
nose.

"PVC piping buried 3 feet underground at a Yakima manufacturing plant
exploded, opening up a crater approximately 4 feet deep by 3 feet
across."

i dare you to cite a link or document to support this ridiculous statement.