Posted to alt.home.repair
scorpionleather scorpionleather is offline

Default Selecting pool paint to last for 5 years

In addition to Richard's guide, I found the install manual for Diamond Brite
plaster, and overall it sounds do-able as a DIY project. Every pro that I
talks to hates pool paint, so I'll see if I can do the plaster myself. The
cost of the plaster would be about the same as the cost of paint. I figure
that a novice plaster job with some imperfections will be superior to a good
paint job, right?

Most of the instructions/experiences of plastering sound within my
abilities. Except the part I'm worried about is not having a team of 5
people troweling at the same time... wouldn't the sections dry before I
have a chance to put down new plaster, and make it hard to make one
continuous layer? Richard separated his into sections but he had to invent
some extra steps to do it that way.

OK plaster is the way to go, maybe it's time for a big adventure DIY
project.

http://sgm.cc/download/installationm...amondBrite.pdf