Posted to alt.home.repair
aemeijers aemeijers is offline

Default hardwood floors -- deciding on options

AZ Nomad wrote:
On Tue, 16 Jun 2009 18:45:59 -0700 (PDT), Kyle wrote:
STAY AWAY FROM LAMINATE! Laminate floors, including the Trafficmaster
Allure recommended by /benick/, are simply a paper or vinyl image of
wood over particle board or some such, and will NOT handle being
scuffed, scratched or dinged. They're fine for light traffic areas
like in your own home where you can care for them, but you have no

Bull****. The stuff is incredibly tough, tougher than hardwood.

Unless it gets standing water on it, true. But personally, I can't get
past how damn ugly it is. Like walking around on kitchen counter. The
only kind of snap-together floor I would even consider is the type with
real wood on the top.

--
aem sends...