Posted to alt.home.repair
aemeijers aemeijers is offline

Default Selecting pool paint to last for 5 years

The Daring Dufas wrote:
Oren wrote:
On Wed, 17 Jun 2009 15:07:07 -0500, The Daring Dufas
wrote:

10.5K gal, I just got through pumping more than that
out of a nice old lady's basement. *Snicker*

So, how deep was it?

It wasn't that it was so deep, it just kept coming.
I suppose the surrounding earth must have been saturated.
My lawyer friend's basement flooded and water was shooting
up from a crack in the concrete floor. It's a wonder his
house hadn't floated away.

TDD

Some lots should not have basements, and some should not be built on at
all. I remember working on a house like that- everyone else in the sub
had built-up lots and crawlspaces- this guy insisted on a flat lot and
DEEP basement, so he could have a flat ceiling. Inside and outside
perimeter drains, a big X of drain tile across the middle of basement
floor, 2 sump pits with pumps, and a 12" pipe to an outright precast
deep manhole planted in front yard as the final line of defense. Idea
being that if there was a massive rainfall or ground water swell,
combined with an extended power failure, he would jump in his Mercedes,
run down to the RentAll place, and rent a gas-powered pump and draft
tube to stick in the manhole. Only trouble was, the whole damn
neighborhood was so flat, he would have needed a quarter-mile of hose to
get the water to go anywhere.

I was just a kid, so I kept my mouth shut....

--
aem sends....