Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.consumers
Ed Pawlowski Ed Pawlowski is offline

Default You can come get the money I owe you...

"DGDevin" wrote in message
m...
Rod Speed wrote:

Rule No. 1: Materials get paid for up front, even with friends.

I never do it like that and have never had a problem with not doing
it like that.

Okay, but I've known several folks in the trades who have either lost the
cost of the materials when they didn't get paid or had to fight like hell
to get their money. Bad enough not to get paid for you time, but to have
to pay for the materials out of your own pocket is even worse.

When I did work like that for pay, I always got a substantial up front
deposit. Only got stung once and it was a relatively small amount.

As for friends, that all depends. I know some people that I'd not trust
with a penny but I'd hesitate to call them a friend, I have others that I'd
not hesitate to put anything out of pocket knowing I'd get it back.