Posted to rec.woodworking,rec.crafts.metalworking

Default OT Stereotypes of "liberals" vs "conservatives"

Let the Record show that Gunner Asch on
or about Wed, 17 Jun 2009 00:34:35 -0700 did write/type or cause to
appear in rec.crafts.metalworking the following:

To guys? 80% of the voting block, both right and left are against gay
"marraige"

Frankly..I could care less. If Bruce wants to marry a sheep, let him.

If Bruce wants to consider a sheep his "bride" - well, weirder
things have been done.
But if Bruce wants the law changed to require everyone else to
consider his definition of Animal Husbandry with a sheep to be a real
marriage, that is where I draw the line.

OTOH, we can always redefine "human life" to something more
compatible with our ideology, and then not have to worry about aiding
non-human entities into a post-viable condition.

-
pyotr filipivich
It's eight fifty eight. Close enough!

True enough. Could we call Bruce and Bob, or Bruce and Daisy....an
Alternative Marraige?...or do they simply remain a couple fags or a
sheep ****er?

Inquiring minds want to know!!!

Okay, that confirms that I am not possessing of an "inquiring
mind."
Marriage is one man, and one woman. I do recognize that in some
cultures, it is permissible for a man to do that multiple times (that
is to say, he may have several wives, but he marries each one
individually, and his other wives do not marry each other.)
That's the ideal: one man, one woman, till death do they part. The
fact that some can't forfill that, doesn't change the worth of the
institution. "Abuse does not define the use."

And to be frank, I disapprove when Jack and Jill shack up, as when
Adam and Steve do. It has as much to do with self-control as it does
with cultural mores. It may also have something with my being told
"You have to have a reason Peter, You are a human being. Animals act
on their feelings, people have reasons." in the fifth grade.

But that's another rant for another day.
-
pyotr filipivich