Posted to alt.home.repair
HeyBub[_3_] HeyBub[_3_] is offline

Default Aquarium Stands for 3, 10-gal Tanks

Pete C. wrote:
charlie wrote:

"The Ranger" wrote in message
ndwidth...
I'd like to build a stand for three 10-gallon fish aquariums for my
classroom. Preferably, I'd like something that is strong enough to
handle the weight from the water, have an area underneath for
storage, and something that cannot be pulled over should a young
child "lean" on it.

Are there any "plans" out there for building such?

Many thanks!

The Ranger

plans? build a ladder frame for the 2 sides out of 2x4s add more
2x4s for cross pieces. use 3/4" exterior plywood for shelves. use
bolts to put it together, not nails or drywall screws.

paint it black.

Building it out of 2x4s will work, but it will be pretty ugly and
bulky for what it does. I'd suggest finding someone who can weld up a
decent stand out of square structural tubing and expanded flattened
mesh for shelving, with adjustable leveling feet. That type of
project would take me about 2 hours and about $50 in materials to do
(you prime and paint it), so it shouldn't be that expensive if you
find the right person.

Does the school have a metal shop?