Posted to alt.home.repair
scorpionleather scorpionleather is offline

Default Selecting pool paint to last for 5 years

Any thoughts on this post I found on the web? Is this guy making it sound
too hard or does Richard make it sound too easy for DIY?

old maint man wrote:

This is not a do it yourself job. If you are determined to do it I can only
suggest you go to a job and observe how they do it. I have had pools
re-plastered and it is not a patch type job. You could Fiberglas the pool to
make the repairs and that would work. It is cheaper than re-plastering. When
the re-plaster a pool all the plaster must be chipped off or it wont work.
This is very time consuming and requires a lot of labor. You would need an
air compressor and chipping guns to achieve this. Depending on the size it
could take two or more days. All of this plaster must be removed. When you
start plastering the pool it requires about eight or more people because
when you start you can not stop until it is complete. It is quite a process.
There would be people applying the plaster as others would be delivering
more plaster as the job went on. The people on the bottom wear cleats with
pins on the bottom to walk around on the plaster and not leave foot prints.
As they finish up they will be wearing large pieces of foam as they do the
final finish. I don't think there is any way to learn this without doing it.
As I said it is not a do it yourself job.