Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.consumers
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default You can come get the money I owe you...

DGDevin wrote
Rod Speed wrote
DGDevin wrote

Rule No. 1: Materials get paid for up front, even with friends.

I never do it like that and have never had a problem with not doing it like that.

Okay, but I've known several folks in the trades who have either lost
the cost of the materials when they didn't get paid or had to fight like hell to get their money. Bad enough not to
get paid for you time, but to have to pay for the materials out of your own pocket is even worse.

Sure, but I am clearly a better judge of my friends.

I wouldnt do it with some, and will with most of them.

In fact I do it repeatedly mostly with my neighbours whose house
I look after when they are away for the winter etc and have never
had a problem. I pay their bills as the bills show up and get paid
when they return. I could get paid immediately but it isnt very
convenient for them to pay me immediately because they are
tearing around the country in an RV most of the time.