Edwin Pawlowski

Default Estate Sales, You Views

"WD" wrote in message

It is a crime to
dispose them so cheaply what you have collected during your lifetime.

What do you think?

If I could no longer use my tools, I'd not sell them cheaply. I'd give them
away. (I may change my mind if I was eating cat food to survive, or course)

I've had tools that I no longer used. I've had the opportunity to sell
them, but I found a person that needed the tools more than me so I gave them
away. Yard sales? Nah, put the stuff at the end of the driveway with a
sign that says "free" and let others have them. Desk, TV, sofa, -- all
gone. If a stranger is better off for it, good for them.

There is some sentimental value in my tools. Does that add to the cash
value? No, but it adds to the satisfaction of letting someone else get use
from them whether to earn an income or as a hobby. I guess it depends on
what gives you more satisfaction; a twenty dollar bill in your pocket or an
acquaintance saying "look what I made with the router you gave me!"
Ed