Posted to rec.woodworking
Chris Friesen Chris Friesen is offline

Default Heat Dissipation?

Upscale wrote:

This was one area I was wondering about. With the acrylic doors in the
front, I can't envision any effective way to introduce any placed inlets.

Can you add a gap between the front doors and the bottom shelf?

However, as Leon has mentioned, maybe I'm worrying needlessly. It is a
higher end Yamaha receiver about a year old and might not need the attention
I'm focusing on heat dissipation. I'm not a sound volume freak running it at
3,000 decibels volume every chance I get.

It all depends on the type of amplifier circuit and power supply. Many
new amps use class D circuits, which are much more efficient (though
often less accurate) than the old class AB designs, and so put out less
heat. Generally you can tell by the weight/size of the amp...class D
ones are usually lighter and shorter, while class AB amps are generally
taller/heavier due to the large transformer(s) in them.

Chris