Posted to rec.woodworking
J. Clarke J. Clarke is offline

Default The U.S. Government Is Trying To Take Away Your Pocket Knives!

David G. Nagel wrote:
Lew Hodgett wrote:
"David G. Nagel" wrote:

Several years ago I worked as a Corrections Officer. One day while I
was at my post I over heard a young white punk talking to one of his
buddies. The white guy commented that when he got out of prison he
was going to quit taking a gun on his burglaries. The last one cost
him additional time when he was caught.

And if caught at night with a gun in a domicile, it represents some
really serious time.

The weapon is a real kicker.

Lew

That was his point.

FWIW, under George the First there was a program where any criminal in
possession of a firearm was referred to the Federal government _after_ he
was convicted on state charges, with his state term starting after his
Federal term was over. Clinton for whatever reason, and, I understand, over
Janet Reno's protests (I'd like to get enough liquor down that woman to get
her to tell me what she _really_ thinks about Clinton) , discontinued this
program.