Posted to alt.home.repair
aemeijers aemeijers is offline

Default Need paint?

DerbyDad03 wrote:
On Jun 16, 2:07 pm, "charlie" wrote:
"DerbyDad03" wrote in message

On Jun 16, 11:28 am, Winston wrote:

DerbyDad03 wrote:
On Jun 16, 11:02 am, "HeyBub" wrote:
Use caution. And safety goggles.
"Spokane fire officials said the man was seriously burned when he used
cordless drill to penetrate the [spray] can."
http://www.spokesman.com/stories/200...-opening-paint...
Sure wish they had said *why*.
Propellant is usually propane, ether or butane.
All very flammable.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aerosol_spray#Propellant
--Winston

You answered the wrong "why".

Why did he drill through the can?

--
duh. to get the paint out.- Hide quoted text -

I thought that was what the button on the top was for.

Man, I gotta start reading the instructions.

Unless he was huffing, probably had a clogged valve or dip tube, and he
thought the can had just lost its pressure, and was trying to salvage
the paint to apply with a brush. I know I get ****ed when a can of
whatever goes flat, but still has most of the product trapped inside.

--
aem sends...