Posted to alt.home.repair
BetaB4 BetaB4 is offline

Default hardwood floors -- deciding on options

DGDevin wrote:
BetaB4 wrote:

Any thoughts, suggestions, recommendations, etc. would be
appreciated.

Having lived with both wall-to-wall carpeting and hardwood, I'll take
the hardwood anytime. IMO It's easier to maintain and in today's
market it adds to a home's value. Have you priced-out your various
options?

I have been trying to price out the various options, but there are so many
options that my head is spinning (maybe I need an exorcist).

I'd lean towards repairing and refinishing the existing
floor unless putting new hardwood or laminate over the existing floor
would be significantly cheaper.

I'm thinking of taking a shot a refinishing the existing floor -- or at
least starting the process, and see what happens and how it all goes.