Posted to alt.home.repair
BetaB4 BetaB4 is offline

Default hardwood floors -- deciding on options

HeyBub wrote:

I'd vote for the laminate. Perfectly adequate laminate from Lumber
Liquidators can be had for 75¢/sq ft, about the same price as medium
carpet. But when the tenants move out, you probably won't have to
replace it.

Interesting. Thanks. I didn't realize that laminate could be purchased at
anywhere near that price range. I've mostly been checking places like Home
Depot and Lowes, but I have a Lumber Liquidators store right near me.

The laminate that I took up really did look good, and it apparently held up
like iron because it looked brand new -- not a mark on it. Here's a link to
a Lumber Liquidators page that I just checked out:

http://www.lumberliquidators.com/cat...ubCategoryId=0

I'll go in person to the store and see what they have, and what the variuos
grades and thickneeses mean, etc.

If you do decide on laminate, check back here for installation tips.

I'll definitely do that if I end up deciding on laminate.