Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.consumers
Stray Dog Stray Dog is offline

Default You can come get the money I owe you...

Date: Tue, 16 Jun 2009 16:16:11 -0400
From: Charlie
Newsgroups: alt.home.repair, misc.consumers
Subject: You can come get the money I owe you...

"Bill" wrote in message
These self-centered "me" generation people are really something!

I did some free remodeling work for a young friend about 10 months ago.
Prior to doing this work, my friend assured me he would reimburse me for
all the materials I needed buy to do the work...

When I was done with the work, I gave him a copy of all the receipts for
things I had purchased as well as an itemized list and total amount he
owed me. Again my labor was free.

So the months rolled by and not a single dime came my way. But in the mean
time, my friend purchased all sorts of expensive "toys" for himself (he
makes very good money). Like fancy wheels/tires for his car (the old tires
were fine), a new very expensive entertainment system for his house, and
on and on.

I kept reminding him of the money owed to me...

Well after 10 months of this, he finally mentioned something about paying
me. He said he would total up the receipts I gave him. I again gave him a
copy if the itemized list I have given him 10 months prior.

After a couple of weeks, he called me and said "You can come and get the
money I owe you!"

I think I will try this with my electric bill. I'll call the electric
company and tell them I have the money for their bill and they can come
and pick it up!

Geeze these people are really something!

The way I have solved that kind of problem is by giving the guy a shopping
list.
"Any questions? Call me when all the stuff is at your house and I'll be
over"

Charlie

This, above, is an excellent way to go, too.