Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon Leon is offline

Default SCORE! Jet Parallel Clamp Cabinet Door Set --- Bessy problem.

"StephenM" wrote in message
I have a related question:

I own 8 Bessy K-bodies. On most of them, when I tighten the screws, the
threads seem to grab, rather than slide, preventing me from getting that
last half-turn that I want. A while back FWW had an artical on clamping
pressure that indicated that the parallel clamps provided surprisingly
little forced... this makes me tend to beleive it.

Oddly, they are not all of my K-bodies this way; one or two of them turn
smoothly (albeit, with appropriate resistance) under heavy clamping
pressure.

I've tried greasing the threads, but that does not seam to help.

Has anyone else noticed this, and have you found a remedy?

-Steve

You might try thoroughly cleaning the threads with a wire brush. I oddly
had a problem with another brand clamp loosening. Brushing the threads with
a wire brush solved the problem.