Posted to alt.home.repair
DerbyDad03 DerbyDad03 is offline

Default how to level a long chalkline?

On Jun 16, 7:10*am, Frank wrote:
On Jun 16, 4:16*am, ben wrote:

I'm cutting off the bottom 20" of my t1-11 panel siding to replace it
and want to cut it off straight. *The bottom edges of the siding are
rotten, so I can't just measure up from those 20" as a guide. *So I
bought a chalkline but I now realize, I don't know how I can make sure
it's level. *The length will be about 27'.

How can I level this? *Or is there a better way to do this?

thx!

Don't know if this helps but kids bought me a laser Straightline.
Laser light puts out a straight line and the small unit has leveling
bubbles. *Don't think they are expensive.

Unless they've improved the Straightline product line recently, they
are not much help.

The bubble is so much smaller than the space between the 2 lines that
you have to eyeball it to choose your own center. Over 27' any
eyeballing of a crappy bubble level just isn't going to be accurate.