Posted to alt.home.repair
Joe Joe is offline

Default how to level a long chalkline?

On Jun 16, 3:16*am, ben wrote:

snip

*So I bought a chalkline but I now realize, I don't know how I can make sure
it's level. *The length will be about 27'.

How can I level this? *Or is there a better way to do this?

I have a small 'line level' that simply hooks into the center of the
chalk line. With one end firmly attached, the other end of the line
can be raised or lowered incrementally until level. Only takes
minutes, seems perfectly accurate and IIRC it cost about $5 or so at
local lumber yard, hardware store or Ace, maybe. First time I saw one
being used was a siding installation crew. Ought to work for you.

Joe