Posted to rec.woodworking
DGDevin DGDevin is offline

Default The U.S. Government Is Trying To Take Away Your Pocket Knives!

Stuart wrote:

Street deaths and domestics are still down to the use of knives and
other weapons.

Yes, I've read news articles from the UK about efforts to treat knives the
same as firearms. If memory serves they've already gone that route in
Australia, get caught with a tiny keychain knife there and you have a
problem. I suppose it's only a matter of time until steel-toed work boots
require a permit.

Your average burglar entering your home is extremely unlikely to be
carrying a gun and you still have the right to use reasonable force to
defend yourself and your property.

With what, a cricket bat? A National Rail sandwich lashed to the end of a
stick might make an effective club....