Posted to rec.woodworking
Morris Dovey Morris Dovey is offline

Default Extra long up-spiral router bits

Victor wrote:

Have searched and cannot find a 1/2 in. up-cut spiral router bit
longer than 2 in. cutting depth. Does any body know if any up-cut
spiral router bits are made with a cutting depth longer than 2 in?

'Scuse me for being nosey, but why is it necessary to remove that much
material in a single pass?

Even with a half-ton CNC router I haven't found it necessary to cut
deeper than one bit diameter at a time, and use multiple passes as needed...

....and a two-inch depth of cut will already be asking a lot of any
portable router.

--
Morris Dovey
DeSoto Solar