Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Larry Jaques Larry Jaques is offline

Default OT - Oak Tool Chests From Grizzly?

On Tue, 16 Jun 2009 08:11:34 -0400, the infamous Joe
scrawled the following:

After working for a while in the tool stockroom at my plant, my wife
decided that a wood tool chest would be a cool way to store her
jewelry (better than the frilly stuff that is usually sold for women).
Accordingly, I thought I'd get her one for her birthday coming up in a
couple of weeks. I can't afford a Gerstner (even their International
series), so I wanted to know if any of you guys has bought one of the
Grizzly oak chests. Specifically, I'm thinking about this one:
http://grizzly.com/products/26-Oak-1...er-Chest/H7716

Opinions (c'mon, I know y'all got plenty of that!) or alternate
suggestions?

I've seen the HF versions of those and they aren't too bad looking,
but I wouldn't want to store a whole lot of weight in the drawers. I
also recommend waxing the drawers and glides prior to putting it into
service. Cheap stuff tends to chatter _horribly_, but I saw one of
those chatterboxes in an Etherized Allen Gallery, too. Shameful!

That box should work just fine for lightweight jewelry, Joe.

P.S: Does she have THAT much jewelry? Make a full-size mockup for her
to determine if she wants that much box on her dressing table.

--
Do what you feel in your heart to be right - for you'll be criticized
anyway. You'll be damned if you do, and damned if you don't.