Posted to rec.woodworking
HeyBub[_3_] HeyBub[_3_] is offline

Default The U.S. Government Is Trying To Take Away Your Pocket Knives!

Lew Hodgett wrote:
"HeyBub" wrote:

In the case of guns, "need" is seldom an issue. The thing that
counts most is "want."

If I "want" a fully-automatic weapon to mow down prarie dogs, why
not?

If I "want" a fully-automatic weapon for sport, target shooting,
investment, historical artifiact, or simply for collecting, why not?

If that's what it takes to give you a testosterone fix, so be it, but
just do the background and register them.

Inasmuch as there have been only two documented crimes since 1934 committed
by federally-registered automatic weapons (and one of those was by a police
officer using a department weapon), the interesting question is: Does the
registration itself prevent crimes or are the crimes themselves so rare as
to make registration an unnecessary burden?