Posted to alt.home.repair
Ralph Mowery Ralph Mowery is offline

Default PEX and compressed air

"The Daring Dufas" wrote in message
Thanks for the clarification, a lot of the industrial
systems I've seen were very high pressure/volume. A
compressor system like the one at your plant that can
supply 100psi continuously at high volume must be a
sight to behold. Are the compressors reciprocating,
screw or ring?

TDD

I am not sure what the compressors are. I know they are not reciprocating,
but some type of rotary system. I am an electrician and do not deal with
them very much. I usually work in another part of the plant. There are 3
or 4 of each I think. Part of them are for 250 psi and the others are for
100 psi. The 250 air is not usually reduced but used as it. The 100 psi air
is regulated in many applications from 30 to 45 psi but also used as is for
powering numatic valves. I have helped repair some of the instrumentaion on
then and that is about all. From what I remember they are taller than I am
and about 15 feet long. That is motor and compressor sit on a skid. I
don't know much about how the air is distribuited around the plant,but I
have seen several storage (surge) tanks that are about 8 feet tall and 3
feet in diameter. There must be miles of pipe connecting it all together.
There are some big dryers after the compressors. They are dual stages and
full of some kind of chemical/filter. One stage drys the air and the other
stage heats up and gets the moisture out of the chemical. Then they
switch. All automatic. This is not the air compressor a service station
fills yout tires with..However we do use it to fill the tires in the plant
vehicles.