Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Ross Herbert Ross Herbert is offline

Default help identify smd component in DTT set-top box

On Mon, 15 Jun 2009 16:06:10 -0700 (PDT), b wrote:

:I am trying to repair a digital terrestrial set top box which had
:bulging caps, would shut down and had no audio. changed the caps, box
:works but still no sound. I discovered two small 3 legged smd
:transistors (at least I assujme thats what they are) burned,
resumably due to high voltage and/or poor regulation from the faulty
su.
: The only reference visible on the components is a '2'. In the same
cb there are others marked '2A', so i'm assuming these two might be
:the same.
:
:They are on the pcb as Q5 and Q6, and the pcbitself is maerked: HY650
:39150 DST VER 1.7 (2004) and it has the Zoran supraTv chip
:
:Now I know these are disposable items, but I don't mind investing a
:bit of time and effort trying to fix it, as it doesn't owe me
:anything. I'm all ears as to suitable equivalent parts.
:TIA
:-b.

Unless you can read the identifying codes on the burned devices you can't find
out what the devices are. The only other method is to get a copy of the
schematic. Your chances either way are probably zero.