Posted to rec.woodworking

Default The U.S. Government Is Trying To Take Away Your Pocket Knives!

"DGDevin" wrote:

It took a ruling from the Supreme Court to finally stop Washington
DC from banning the ownership of handguns by law-abiding citizens,
and apparently DC is interested in ways to get around that ruling if
they can.

That's only temporary.

So far as I've heard Chicago hasn't done away with their equally
ineffective handgun ban either, ineffective in the sense that
criminals happily ignore it.

Interesting observation, just as Chicago is an interesting place.

If you can point out how fear of handgun bans amounts to "NRA
propaganda" despite laws such as these existing for decades, that
might be interesting.

Huh!

What will registration accomplish? Do you think any criminal will
choose to register a firearm?

Not hardly; however, when the registered firearm is found in the hands
of a felon, the possibility of legal recourse exists.

Really, is that how it worked in Britain, Australia and Canada,
registration didn't precede bans and confiscations?

Personally could care less, I don't live in those places.

Lew