Posted to alt.home.repair
JimR JimR is offline

Default deck step measurement (confused)

"Borrall Wonnell" wrote in message
I have stumbled onto something that I don't know how to accurately
measure.

[--]

Ideally the angle between deck and ground would be 90 degrees. Any
ideas on how I can measure this accurately?

1.To check for 90 degrees --

Measure the distance from ground to top of deck - = 21"
Measure out from the deck 28" and mark the spot
Measure the distance from the top of the deck to the spot you just marked -
it should be 35" if it's a 90 degree angle. (3-4-5 triangle)

2. If it's not 90 degrees, get some cardboard and make a template., or just
lay out 3 2x4s at the location and nail them together - that'll give you all
the dimensions and the proper angle.