Posted to rec.woodworking
DGDevin DGDevin is offline

Default The U.S. Government Is Trying To Take Away Your Pocket Knives!

HeyBub wrote:

In the case of guns, "need" is seldom an issue. The thing that counts
most is "want."

If I "want" a fully-automatic weapon to mow down prarie dogs, why not?

If I "want" a fully-automatic weapon for sport, target shooting,
investment, historical artifiact, or simply for collecting, why not?

Paranoia about firearms means a great many voters assume only a certified
gang-banger would want to own an automatic weapon and that depriving you of
such a weapon makes them safer. If I were a prairie dog I'd be less
concerned about you having a machine gun than say a really accurate
bolt-action rifle, but that's another issue.