Posted to rec.woodworking

Default The U.S. Government Is Trying To Take Away Your Pocket Knives!

"Charlie Self" wrote:

There's simply too much nonsense about weaponry.

All this hocus pocus about hand guns makes me laugh.

I've never been bothered by anybody and I've spent some time alone
after dark in places where a honky like me shouldn't be seen alone.

I've often wondered why I'm not bothered.

Was given an answer that it is the way I carry myself.

It's a "Don't **** with me and I won't have to kill you" attitude.

Maybe it has something to do with my father.

He grew up tough on the streets and he always taught me there is no
such thing as a fair fight.

The only reason you get into a fight is to end it as quickly as
possible by killing the other SOB with anything you can use other than
your fists.

Still remember when I was maybe 9-10 years old coming home from the
store with some cans of soup.

Couple of guys decided to kick my rear end.

A swing with a bag full of soup cans to the head followed by some well
administered kicks to the face and the genitals, and I wasn't ever
bothered again.

As a 6', 215 lb, 21 year sitting in a car in a driveway with my
girlfriend at midnight, saw a guy sneak into the next door neighbor's
garage.

The only thing I had was a flash light and a 10" Crescent wrench in
the car, but that was enough.

Walked over to the garage, flashed the light on the window and
demanded, "Come out with your hands up."

Guy came out and I explained to him he was either going to lay spread
eagled on the ground or I would split his god damned skull open with
that Crescent wrench.

Must have taken the cops a half hour to get there, but the cops found
him on the ground when they did.

And yes, I would have split his skull open if he provoked me.

Lew