Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic
ian field[_2_] ian field[_2_] is offline

Default Two transistor feedback pair.

"Tim Williams" wrote in message
"Jim Thompson" wrote in
message ...
Not exactly. It allows a high value collector load on the first
stage, but low impedance output load, due to the follower. The
follower also provides drive to the feedback R without loading the
gain down.

I'm not quite sure what circuit you're talking about.
http://books.google.com/books?id=bkO...ult&resnum =1
AoE2, p.872.

This doesn't look like an emitter follower. The C1-R7-R3 path will lower
Zo, but the R5-R6 path is current feedback which will raise Zo.

What you're talking about sounds more like a solid state mu stage.

Tim

The dreaded google books page did a "not responding" forcing me to
CTRL/ALT/DEL - "solid state mu stage" is another term I can put into
google - thanks.