Posted to alt.home.repair
Kurt Ullman Kurt Ullman is offline

Default HOA smacks down free speech

In article ,
wrote:

On Mon, 15 Jun 2009 11:11:14 -0400, "
wrote:

Everyone has the right to free speech, but it doesn't give someone the
right to yell "fire" in a crowded movie theater.

Actually the Supreme court reversed the Oliver Wendall Holmes "fire in
a crowded theater" decision when they upheld the right to wear a "****
the draft" T shirt in the 70s
The original decision SCHENCK v. U.S. , 249 U.S. 47 (1919) compared
"fie in a theater" to protesting the draft..
I guess you can yell "fire" in a crowded theater now.

The SC did not mention in any way Schenck, so it would be hard to
suggest they overturned any of it.

--
"I found what I thought was a REALLY good book,
called _Girl to Grab_. Imagine my surprise when I found