Posted to alt.home.repair
Ed Pawlowski Ed Pawlowski is offline

Default PEX and compressed air

"Hipupchuck" wrote in message
zxcvbob wrote:
Has anyone used PEX tubing to run compressed air in a shop?

I had copper air lines in my old garage and really liked it. I'm getting
tired of tripping over rubber hoses in the new garage. I think one of my
coworkers that I've loaned tools to before has a PEX crimper, so if I can
borrow a crimper is PEX worth the trouble for an easy 25' run? Or should
I just go copper again now that Cu prices are dropping again. (of course
with PEX, maybe I could buy a 100' roll and run a line all the way around
the garage instead of just down one side...)

Bob

Pressure is pressure, water or air. What's it rated at?

Not that simple. While pressure is pressure, water is not nearly as
compressible as air and you don't get the same results with a catastrophic
failure. That is why PVC is not allowed for air use. The shards can cause
serious injury.