Posted to rec.woodworking
HeyBub[_3_] HeyBub[_3_] is offline

Default The U.S. Government Is Trying To Take Away Your Pocket Knives!

Doug Winterburn wrote:

Never had anything bigger than a pump pellet rifle for varmit control,
but am considering a handgun because it may not be an option to
legally buy one in the not so distant future. Also, while traveling
in the 5th wheel and staying overnight in some [not] "protected"
areas, it might be a good insurance policy. Just have to make sure I
and SWMBO are trained so she doesn't confuse me with a bad guy...

I see you're posting from Arizona, a gun-friendly state (soon you'll be able
to open-carry a pistol at the Grand Canyon!).

I invite you to visit the "tx.guns" newsgroup. By just lurking, you'll pick
up a great deal of info about (mostly) handguns and the laws affecting them.

Don't ask "Which handgun is best for me?" The answers are like cures for
hiccups! Your best bet is to visit an indoor range, rent several pistols,
and try them out.

While carrying a pistol in a vehicle is legal in Texas, that might not be
the case in other states. A better bet is to get an Arizona Concealed
Handgun Permit. Here's a link to other states that honor AZ permits:
http://www.handgunlaw.us/states/arizona.pdf