Posted to rec.woodworking
HeyBub[_3_] HeyBub[_3_] is offline

Default The U.S. Government Is Trying To Take Away Your Pocket Knives!

Han wrote:
"HeyBub" wrote in
m:

Han wrote:

I sure hope that it will be a long time before we all need to carry
concealed guns in order to feel safe.

I don't carry a concealed handgun to feel safe; I carry a concealed
handgun so the goblins don't.

In the thirteen years I've carried a concealed handgun, I've felt it
necessary to expose it three times.

Two of those were in Home Depot parking lots!

I hope you live far away from 07410

I am far from Fair Lawn, NJ (I'm in Houston). The stats on your area make it
seem like a nice, friendly place to live. In many ways I envy you (except
for the taxes and your governor of course).

We, however, had to absorb 200,000 Katrina refugees. Fortunately, they've
been killing each other off at a prodigious rate.

In the two HD cases I mentioned, both involved a man approaching me, after
dark. In one case, the mope had a tire iron in his hand. In both cases, the
individuals did NOT honor my command: "STOP! Come no closer!" (until, well,
you know...).

The goblin with the tire iron said: "Hey, I just wanted a cigarette!" (yeah,
right). The other squint just turned and walked away.

In both cases, I reported the incident to the store manager and suggested
the cops be called. One cop did show up, wrote down the facts, nodded, and
went on his way.

The third incident happened in my own driveway! I pulled in (it's a circular
driveway) to find a strange car there and a strange person - with a big
screwdriver in his hand - standing next to a car I am restoring (a 1986
BMW). I get out of my car and the scrot starts walking towards me (with the
aforementioned screwdriver) and he, too, fails to stop when so ordered.

He says he's just looking at the car with a view towards making an offer
should I wish to sell it.

I guess I queered a potential sale.

Oh well...

At least I still have the car.

Anyway, we live in different environments; yours had advantages - mine has
opportunities.