Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Arfa Daily Arfa Daily is offline

Default Having playback issues when recording for awhile, VCR brand JVC hr-S3900

"David Nebenzahl" wrote in message
.com...
On 6/14/2009 5:22 PM Arfa Daily spake thus:

Still, I know that this is a contentious subject, and I don't want to get
dragged into a drawn out argument about it. I was interested to see what
the perceived problems were, and that has been answered for me. Thanks
for that gentlemen.

One problem is obvious above: the fact that OE is too stupid to recognize
a valid sig and strip it out of replies. (I know of no other mail/news
client that does this.) That alone is enough to disqualify it in my view.

But I would guess that most users don't consider that to be worth getting
upset about, it's so minor in the grand scheme of things. Although some
people post with sigs that are full of nonsense, or pretentious twaddle,
most don't bother with them at all. I usually just strip out all that
rubbish with a couple of clicks, and if it is amusing or 'relevant' to the
post's subject, then I might just leave it in anyway. Not really that much
of a hardship that I would disregard a piece of software that in general
works adequately otherwise.

Still, as I said, this could easily get long and drawn out, with people
passionately trying to persuade me that I should ditch OE as a news client
immediately, so thanks for the insights. It's interesting to know where
these things spring from. :-)

Arfa