Witchy

Default ***kin British Gas! Rant

On Tue, 14 Oct 2003 19:08:06 +0100, "BillR"
wrote:

Peter Ashby wrote:
In article ,
"Martin" wrote:

I terminated all my business with the AA last summer after they left
me standing at the road side for well over 3 hours, and finally
subed out the recover to a local company, who wanted to charge me
£120 + Labour for a diesel stop valve that only required adjustment.
And then for a car insurance quote £80 more than I could get through
a local broker, for the same policy!

I think I need my head examined (again) after trusting Centrica!

Once the AA demutualised there was no longer any reason to think of
them
as anything other than just another company and judge them
accordingly.
For the record when swmbo called them out last Friday due to a flat
tyre (women!) the chap was apparently very nice, especially about the
complications (don't ask).

Peter

Why do the BBC etc still turn to the AA when they want a view on motoring
matter?
Do they think the AA still represents motorists views when they are just
another Centrica cash cow?

Mrs Witchy just got a quote from the RAC to renew her subs....even
after being with them for 9 years and having a no-call-out discount
they still want over £160 for a year's membership.....THAT's a
rip-off, I think.

cheers

witchy/binarydinosaurs