Posted to rec.woodworking
LD LD is offline

Default The U.S. Government Is Trying To Take Away Your Pocket Knives!

"David G. Nagel" wrote in message
LD wrote:
"Swingman" wrote in message
John Grossbohlin wrote:
Make of this what you will... I thought it was interesting!

What's in your pocket? What's in your shop?

U.S. Customs has proposed revoking earlier rulings that assisted
opening knives are not switchblades. The proposal would not only outlaw
assisted opening knives, its overly broad new definition of a
switchblade would also include all one-handed opening knives and most
other pocket knives... Seems that our utility knives and other knife
tools are covered under this too.

"It is now CBP's position that knives incorporating spring- and
release-assisted opening mechanisms are prohibited..." from
http://www.kniferights.org/U%20S%20C...g%20Knives.pdf I
found this stuff mentioned in a gun rights e-mail and followed the path
to http://www.kniferights.org/

Once again, you ONLY have to look at the UK to see where this country
will be in five to ten years.

It's that simple ... no crystal ball needed.

Precisely! Even the Pointy Stick is banned!

There was a movie about 40 years ago where the hero stated that he could
kill you 15 different ways using only his little finger. Maybe little
fingers should be baned.

Magazines. The kind you read. One of my uncles taught me how to use a
magazine as a weapon. Ironically, he got his training from the British Army!