Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Disable venting for 'over the range' microwave

"amateur_handman" wrote in message
I would like to install an 'over the range' microwave under the
cabinet, in an area that is not over the range. Because we will not
need the venting, can the venting be turned off?

I am not sure if venting is necessary for microwave cooking. If the
venting funtion is disabled, will it affect the cooking performance?

*The vent fan is normally controlled by a separate switch. Just don't turn
it on. Those microwave ovens have the option of being vented inside or
outside. The installation instructions explain this.