Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
sweet sawdust sweet sawdust is offline

Default Let's Try Again - Join The Movement Movement? For Free?

"charlieb" wrote in message
Thought I'd posted this already but apparently not.
============
I've been frustrated by the fact that turning is very dynamic and yet
the resulting piece is static. So I've been playing with the idea of a
Movement Movement. When I found this slick little tethered power pack
thing - for four bucks and played with it - I went back and bought out
their stock - at $3 each. Knex.com, the folks who make these things list
it at $17.57

Here's what I'm talking about

http://web.hypersurf.com/~charlie2/T...mperative.html

SO - I'm looking for a volunteeror two to incorporate this into a
turning - and post pics of the piece or e-mail it to me and I'll put
it up on the web pages about this thing. And If you can do a short
video - say up to about 1Mb or so - send it along and I'll get it to
you tube - with your permission of course.

If you're interested e-mail me with a mailiing address and what you
might do with it - and I'll send you one - free - if it looks like
you'll
actually use it - in a piece.

Offer limited to the continental USA
(postage to NH was $3.75 - for a $3 item)

charlie b

You have me intrigued, I am thinking of a toy soldier (1800's style), or
maybe a doll of some sort but the size of the moter and power supply might
be a problem. How about a bank with a pressure switch or contact switch
that would would activate the motor and cause it to spin when money was put
in? I am working on a fruit bowel inspired by one of your posts and will
have it finished as soon as I get time to play and not make orders (orders
come first and may they keep coming) I am looking forward to seeing what
comes out of this one.