Posted to alt.home.repair
Douglas Johnson[_2_] Douglas Johnson[_2_] is offline

Default Bush joke (parting shot)

Jim Yanik wrote:

BTW,enemy combatants do not get Geneva protections,nor ordinary civil
criminal treatment.For GOOD reason.

The 4th Geneva Convention defines the protections that must be given to ALL
persons that come into the hands of a signatory to the convention.

Even POWs are HELD until the war is over,without charges or trials.
Ununiformed enemy combatants CAN be executed at any time.

The 3rd Geneva convention defines the term "prisoner of war" and the protections
that must be provided to same. A uniform is NOT required.

We did it in WW2,1000's of German soldiers in US uniforms;lined up and
shot.

Do you have a cite for this? I assume you are talking about the Battle of the
Bulge. There weren't 1,000's of German soldiers. Only 44 men were sent behind
the Allied lines in US Uniform and all but 8 returned.

HOWEVER,the gas crisis was in 1973. I went through it.
And what did JC and the DemocRATs do? they restricted DOMESTIC oil
production,resulting in MORE dependence on foreign oil.

So did I. If JC is Jimmy Carter, he was Governor of Georgia in 1973 and didn't
have much to do with oil production.

These leftists like to ignore parts of history they don't like.

So do the rightists.

-- Doug