Posted to alt.home.repair
stan stan is offline

Default Ceiling fan placement

On Jun 14, 11:32*am, "John Grabowski" wrote:
"Christopher Nelson" wrote in message

*Center of the room is first choice, but I have had a number of customers
request that it be centered over the bed because they want to feel the
breeze.- Hide quoted text -

Hey; that suggests a design idea!
A ceiling fan with variable pitch blades?
During each rotation the blades would alter pitch; steering the air
(to some extent?) in a different directions!
Expensive? Probably yes.
More complicated and therefore the antithesis of simplicity for us 'do
it your self' repairers.
Anyway; here, it's more a case of putting another blanket on the bed
rather than needing a bedroom ceiling fan.
Some people here with heat pumps have never ver bothered to learn how
to switch them over to Air Conditioning.
Alongside the cool North Atlantic it doesn't get hot enough. Anytime
it does, very occasionally touch say 80 degrees F, and it's somwhat
humid we are complaining about a 'heat wave' and the local media are
talking about whether it's the hottest on record since 1953 etc.