Posted to sci.electronics.repair
lardconcepts lardconcepts is offline

Default Cordless drill speed control chip burnt out. Can anyone identifyit from this?

On 19 May, 16:40, "Gareth Magennis"
wrote:

Here's somewhere else you can try if Farnell, RS, CPC etc are tricky with
one off small quantities:

http://www.cricklewoodelectronics.co...ewood/home.php

Thanks for the suggestion - I sent them a close-up of the burnt
controller and motor, and they suggested it might be a 2SK2134 @ £1.50

Was slightly disappointed to find that 67p of stamp and envelope is
charged at £3 making a total of £5.18 inc, and normally I'd have
shopped around (ie: vintage-parts.com would have been £3.15 total) BUT
I was happy to pay the extra £2 as a service for the help.

Unfortunately, I guess it wasn't the right part, as I DO have a
working drill again, but it's got two speeds now - stop and go!

So, semi-result, and I've learnt a bit along the way, so thanks for
everyone's help!