Posted to sci.electronics.repair
mike[_12_] mike[_12_] is offline

Default Cmos battery in Micron Transpoet Trek 2

N_Cook wrote:

Exactly the same as this PC I'm writing this on. 2 wires soldered to the
existing , in place, soldered-in battery and a 3V battery wrapped up and
stuck somewhere else. I forget what value of safety resistor I put in line ,
probably a
about 10K

That's encouraging to hear - I guess these Transports (sorry 'bout
earlier typo) are pretty durable machines. Safety resistor sounds
good - I assume to protect the battery? how is it in the circuit?

Thanks muchly.
Mike

--
Diverse Devices, Southampton, England