Posted to rec.woodworking
Han Han is offline

Default The U.S. Government Is Trying To Take Away Your Pocket Knives!

"HeyBub" wrote in
m:

RicodJour wrote:
On Jun 13, 9:31 am, "John Grossbohlin"
wrote:
Make of this what you will... I thought it was interesting!

What's in your pocket? What's in your shop?

U.S. Customs has proposed revoking earlier rulings that assisted
opening knives are not switchblades. The proposal would not only
outlaw assisted opening knives, its overly broad new definition of a
switchblade would also include all one-handed opening knives and
most other pocket knives.

I don't understand why people are getting worked up about this.
They're talking about assisted knives and one-handed operation.
That's the territory of the Americans with Disabilities Act.
So let the two branches of government fight it out.
Kind of like tossing a meat bone to a couple of dogs so they fight
each other instead of you.

You don't have a utility knife - the kind where you push a tab and the
blade extends?

I don't think the VA police would let a visitor bring such a weapon into
the hospital. For reasons of prior unpleasant experiences. Would you
like me to ask my friendly Manhattan VA Officer?

--
Best regards
Han