Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Having playback issues when recording for awhile, VCR brand JVChr-S3900

On 6/12/2009 5:52 PM Arfa Daily spake thus:

"David Nebenzahl" wrote in message
.com...

On 6/11/2009 6:50 PM truepurple spake thus:

Dave, what usernet group web interface would you recommend?

None. Use a mail/news client (I use Thunderbird, available free; there are
lots of others out there. Pick one you like. Just don't use Micro$oft's
Outlook Express.)

And it's "usenet". Goes back to the first days of the internet way back
when.

Just as a matter of interest David, what exactly do you see as being the
problem with using OE's newsreader client ? I have been posting on usenet
for many years, and have always used OE for posting to and reading from
basic text groups like this one, although I do use xNews for some other
groups, where its 'on-the-fly' decoding abilities are useful.

In all of the time that I have used OE, it has never caused me the slightest
problem. I know people on usenet often say "don't use OE ...", with a dark
sort of tone as though there may be some secret hit sqaud that's gonna come
after you, but I have never managed to get anyone to specify exactly what
dire consequences you are going to suffer by using it ??

Care to elaborate ... ? Just curious ... :-)

Well, I've personally not had any problems with OE either, but that's
because I've never used it. But I have read enough horror stories (about
viruses, trojan horses, etc., picked up through OE) to not want to even
try it.

Besides, it does suffer from other well-known problems, like mangling
long URLs by chopping them up. (This may have been fixed in a later
release, but was still a problem, so far as I know, as late as last
year's current version.)