Posted to alt.home.repair
Douglas Johnson[_2_] Douglas Johnson[_2_] is offline

Default Bush joke (parting shot)

Oren wrote:

On 13 Jun 2009 22:46:20 GMT, Jim Yanik wrote:

We did NOT "lose" the Vietnam War,we GAVE UP.

I recall this was a "military conflict" and NOT a declared war. We did
not declare War on an existing war between their north and south.

It was not a war in the same sense that Iraq is not a war. In neither case did
Congress declare war. Congress authorized Viet Nam with the Tonkin Gulf
Resolution and Iraq with the 2002 Use of Force Resolution.

They both look like wars to me. There may some lawyer somewhere that finds that
hair-split useful, but I doubt anyone else does. The last time Congress
actually declared war was June 5,1942 against Bulgaria, Hungary, and Romania.

-- Doug