Posted to alt.home.repair
Jim Yanik Jim Yanik is offline

Default Bush joke (parting shot)

Douglas Johnson wrote in
:

wrote:

I did read it correctly. The mistake I made was in the first
sentence of my reply, where I should have said "How can you say there
is a need to wait?" Which I stand by. The kook statement made
was:

"Well Jim even the MOST patriotic American would have to agree the
last 8 years were the most disastrous for the USA in history!"

That is very different than evaluating Bush or any other president and
where they rank in history. I agree that usually takes decades. But
the last 8 years were clearly NOT the worst in US history and anyone
with any sense of history and balance knows that today.

OK. I think we are pretty much agreed. Even the most pessimistic
view of the last 8 years does not get it near the list of worst
periods in US history. It probably doesn't even compete with ca.
1970. 50,000 dead in a nasty war. Losing that war.

We did NOT "lose" the Vietnam War,we GAVE UP.

Even the NVN acknowledge we had won militarily,but gave up politically.
And that was after fighting with one arm tied behind our backs.

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik