Posted to alt.home.repair
dadiOH[_3_] dadiOH[_3_] is offline

Default Bush joke (parting shot)

HeyBub wrote:
dadiOH wrote:
wrote:

BTW, you said going to war to take out the Taliban and Al-Qaeda in
Afghanistan with 3000 Americans dead and the wreckage of the WTC
still smoking was not justified. This is the third time I'm asking
now. What exactly would YOU have done?

Personally, I think concentrating on the task at hand - nailing Osama
bin Laden - would have been a good idea instead of diluting that
effort with Iraq. Wait, "diluting" is too weak..."abandoning" is
more accurate.
Bush had a chance to be an honest-to-gawd hero. He blew it.

It was NEVER the goal of the Bush administration to capture or kill
Osama ben Laden.

I wasn't a White House confidant but if true then he blew it even worse.
______________

The single goal of the administration was to prevent another terrorist
attack on the United States or U.S. interests abroad. To do this,
strategies were developed to disrupt or remove terrorist access to
financing, training, communication, safe harbors, recruitment,
equipment, and travel.
These strategies have proven successful.

Do you seriously think that they would be if anyone really tried? I don't.
_________________

In the decade leading up to 9-11, we experienced about one or two
attacks per year on U.S. interests: the 1992 WTC attack, the U.S.S.
Cole, embassy bombings, ambassadorial kidnappings, etc. Nothing since
9-11.
This is not to say that the capture of OBL - or his death - would not
have been met with glee and a discreet "huzzah" or two, but, past the
first week after 9-11, killing OBL was not a goal of the Bush
administration.

As I said, he blew it.
________________

The difference between the Bush administration doctrine and your
inclination can be found in the lessons of history.

In the past, seldom has the elimination of an enemy leader proved an
end to a conflict. Perhaps killing Hitler would have ended WW2,

Well, the Junker generals sure tried.
______________

our assassination of Yamamoto had no particular effect against the
Japanese.

I wouldn't exactly call shooting down his plane an assassination but that is
neither here nor there; killing an admiral (or general) isn't likely to
cause mass despair. Hirohito, maybe...

--

dadiOH

dadiOH's dandies v3.06...